CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

4.3.08

What do you do for fun?

So, while conversing with some friends of mine the other night, we began to discuss the recreational and/or fun classes we took while we were in college. There were many great activities mentioned, such as...ice skating, bowling, different types of dance, tennis. Like I said, they all sound like a lot of fun. Once again, me being the not normal one (hence the title of my blog), my contribution to the conversation was stating that I took 2 semesters of Billiards (Beginning and Intermediate). That's right, you heard correctly, Billiards! Yes, I spent an hour everyday, for 2 semesters, in the (BULL PEN) pool hall. I'll straight up admit, I loved it. To this day, I still love billiards, and I am pretty sure that I always will. It is such an intense, strategic, mathematical game. It was tragic, during my second semester of the class I broke my wrist. But don't worry, that didn't stop me from playing. In fact, the cast actually steadied my shot. During the broken wrist period, I even won the class 9 ball tournament, which took myself, the teacher and the entire class by surprise. I haven't played now in quite a while and I miss it. Owning a pool table is one of my desires. So, one day when I have a place for it, I wll have a pool table of my own. There will need to be a designated "billiards room" in the house, and it will definitely need a name. Any suggestions?

1 comments:

cropstar said...

Oh! The Bull Pen! I LOVED that place! I loved going and playing a game or two between classes. Too bad I'm horrible at billiards. Maybe I should have taken a class! I love that you did that.
The only "fun" classes I took were once semsester of weightlifting and one semester of beginning french (after having taken AP french in high school... I was going for an easy A).